Everything You Need to Know
- Tournament Cost is $60 per player via Business Venmo @proskillshoops. This covers the team registration fee and coaching costs. No matter how many games you play, the cost is the same.
- Shoot Out cost is $40 per player via business Venmo @proskillshoops
- The expectation for Travel Team players is basketball first. We understand that many players play multiple sports but our team rosters are carefully balanced and thought out. To compete at the highest levels we need a full team roster. Only by having full commitment can our teams compete at the highest levels.
- At all tournaments: Players are not allowed to play for multiple teams at the same grade/age level, regardless of whether they are playing in different divisions (Gold, Silver, Bronze, etc). Players may play for multiple teams
only if they are not in the same grade/age level. Violation of this rule can disqualify both teams.
- Basketball tournaments are very different than soccer or baseball tournaments. Some tournaments have pool play and championship games, but others might just be for playing experience
- Club level teams: Club teams may play an occasional local tournament or shoot out. we don’t want to register for a tournament without enough players committed. We need a minimum of 7-8 players in order to register.
- Club Level teams primary source of games will be our local league.
- For Travel Teams the deadline to indicate availability is Tuesday of the week PRIOR to the tournament (12 days)
- Game times: When indicating availability, you may indicate preferred times. In some tournaments we might be able to make requests for pool play games, but we cannot guarantee them. Requests are due the week before the tournament. Game times are not released until the Thursday before and are subject to change until Friday night.
- Please be prepared that game times can be any time from 7:00am-8:50pm
- Players that indicate yes may be given priority playing over players who indicate maybe
- If you need to cancel 48 hours before a game, please text BOTH Lindsey 310-251-1441 and your coach so we can help to find a replacement. Last second cancelations will still be responsible for the tournament fee.
- Tournaments have entrance fees for spectators, ie $10-15 per adult $5 child
- Most tournaments charge for parking $15-$20, cash olny
- There are often snacks and candy for purchase but you may bring player snacks
- You need to arrive in the gym 25 mins before tip off, unless you coach has told you differently.
- Playing time is the decision of the coach and is not evenly distributed
- There is no mercy rule in basketball. Scores can be high. The players are there for the experience and competition.